1. Who is collecting your personal information?
The Law Society of New South Wales and its affiliates (“Law Society” or “we” “us” or “our”) are collecting your personal information.
2. What are the circumstances of the collection?
The information is being collected when you log on to the QL Website, use the QL Website and/or when you provide information to us in by indicating your preferences, make a purchase or register for an event or competition.
3. What is the purpose of the collection?
We collect your personal information for the purposes of better responding to your requests for information, engagement or registration, in order to fulfil your orders for products or services, to provide you with support or other services you have ordered, and to keep you up-to-date on new products and services that we offer.
4. What is the main consequence if we don't collect your information?
If we do not collect your personal information as described, we may not be able to provide you with the information, products or services you request.
5. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose this personal information to QL Incorporated, our related entities for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you and to third parties for support purposes.
6. Are we likely to transfer your personal information outside Australia?
Certain third party service providers may have offices or other operations outside of Australia. As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to overseas recipients located in India and China. All service providers that have access to personal information held by the Law Society are required to keep the information confidential and not to make use of it for any purpose other than to provide services in accordance with their engagement.
7. How can you access and correct the personal information we hold about you?
8. How can you complain if we breach the Australian Privacy Principles?
This policy also contains information about how you may complain to us about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint.